If you’re like me and have been spending lots of time in the kitchen during quarantine, then you may be looking for a new recipe to try out. I’ve been busy in the kitchen mastering new cakes and bakes over the past few months and my Instagram followers have definitely feasted their eyes on this Lime, Blueberry and Raspberry cake I’ve been making quite a lot recently.
It’s inspired by a recipe I found someone making on Instagram a few months ago from BBC food, but I’ve opted to make a bit of a healthier version with far less fat and sugar than the original. If you love fruity flavors and lime- this is definitely the cake for you to try out! You can bake it in a cake tin or, if you like the convenience of slices- a loaf tin like me.
Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 200g room temperature butter
- 150g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g flour
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 limes
- 150g blueberries
- 150g raspberries
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly.
- Grate the zest of 3 limes and fold into the butter, sugar and egg mixture along with flour and ground almonds.
- Squeeze in the juice of 3 limes and mix in 3/4 of the berries into the batter until everything is evenly dispersed.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tin or loaf tin and top off with the remainder of the berries.
- Bake at 180C/360F for 1 hour- once done, let it cool completely before serving!