I am a creature of habit and once I find an item of food (specifically breakfast/brunch) that I enjoy, I tend to make it everyday for weeks on end. Currently, I’m in the stage of loving my morning smoothie bowl, which I enjoy after my at-home workout and a revitalising shower. After sweating my booty off and feeling sore from endless squats, lunges and plyometric exercises, I really like to treat myself to something packed with protein, healthy carbs and as many various nutrients as possible. A cold, ice-cream like option is always welcome, so a smoothie bowl is normally my pick.
I’ve been a fan of smoothie bowls for years, but only recently have gotten back into making them on a regular basis. Oh the perks of living in California, where the weather permits such breakfast all year long!
I’ve been enjoying this easy & quick recipe for about 2 weeks straight now (apart from Sundays, which are OBVIOUSLY weekly pancake days in our household) and have shared it multiple times on my Insta-stories. Having had a few people ask me what it is I’m eating, I thought it would be best to share the recipe with all of you on my blog 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed/linseed
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- handful of shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup of berries of your choice
- Add Banana, coconut milk, protein powder, flaxseed and cacao powder in a high-speed blender (I use the Nutri-Ninja). Blend mixture until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with coconut, almond butter and berries.
If you try this out, make sure to let me know in the comments or tag me in your stories on Instagram! I would love to see them 🙂