It’s fall… which to lots of people out there, it’s Pumpkin Spice season!
Whether you’re a Starbucks fan and can’t imagine your fall without the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte, or a home decor enthusiast who loves their festive scented candles…. Pumpkin Spice is all around us. Sometimes it’s hard to pass up the occasional pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie or again… the glorified Starbucks PSL, as the combination of the spices in all of these treats is just so heartwarming, delicious and comforting.
In previous years I used to buy a Pumpkin Spice mix either online or at local grocery stores that had an American product selection in them, as Pumpkin Spice just wasn’t that popular in the UK or Lithuania. But now, it’s super easy to find them on any supermarket shelf.
However, have you ever thought about making your own spice mix? Seriously- rather than spending money on a new mix in some plastic packaging, you probably have all the individual spices that go into the traditional Pumpkin Spice mix already in your kitchen. If you don’t it’ll be a chance to get the missing piece and use it individually too.
I’ve got to say- I am a massive DIY fan. And although this isn’t too much effort (just a bit of mixing and packing up), I really enjoyed doing this myself as I got to find the perfect spice proportions and package it up in my own style!
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Giger
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons All Spice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cloves
- Simply mix all the spices using a whisk and pour into an air-tight jar!
- Use in any autumnal recipes this season (such as my delicious pumpkin bread recipe I shared the other week), or simply in a lovely cup of coffee, to make your own homemade PSL!