For many, autumn brings around a wave of joy and inspiration as the season is a sign of vivid change. The air becomes crisp and light, University and Schools are back after a long summer’s holiday and the leaves turn golden brown and red, filling the streets with splashes of color!
With autumn also comes the ever increasing love for most things pumpkin… Pumpkin scented candles, pumpkin flavoured coffees and also – the beautiful and warming taste of freshly baked pumpkin bread! So today I’m sharing my go-to pumpkin bread recipe with all of you 🙂
It’s very simple to make and you can always personalise it if you want by adding toppings or mix-ins. In the photos here, I added some chia seeds and cacao nibs for some extra crunch, but that is completely optional. You could use pumpkin seeds, or keep it nice and plain.
Hope you enjoy!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of each spice: ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- Optional- toppings of your choice!
- Firstly, mix all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl along with the sugar until a uniform mix is made.
- In a separate bowl- mix the the remainder of the ingredients and pour into the wet mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a greased loaf tin.
- If you wish- add any toppings of your choice. I added some Chia seeds & Cacao Nibs as I absolutely love the crunch.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes at 180 degrees C. The pumpkin bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Take the baked pumpkin bread out of the oven and let it cool for 20-30 minutes before taking out of the loaf tin. Allow to cool completely, slice and enjoy!