Recently I’ve been obsessed with the Chocolate, Peanut butter post-workout protein shake I have been having almost every single morning. It’s a refreshing option for anyone looking to satisfy their chocolate cravings with a hit of some healthy carbs, fats and protein. Well balanced and filling- it’s my go-to post workout shake that refuels me, aids in recover and keeps me satisfied till lunch.
Whether I’ve just done a full-on weight-lifting session at the gym, gone out for a run to the park or spent 30 minutes on the stair master, for the past month I’ve been craving this smoothie after every single workout. It’s sweet but not too sweet, filling, refreshing and super quick and easy to make.
- 1 frozen banana
- 150 ml coconut or almond milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (I use MyProtein Chocolate Whey)
- 1 tablespoon natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Cacao Powder
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender. I suggest putting the banana and milk first, so that the powders you use don’t settle or stick to the bottom of your blades.
- Blend until smooth and add any toppings if you like.