This past weekend Jonas wanted to have a bit of a treat, however, as he has recently been following a low carb, high diet- I had to go out of my comfort zone and find something that was suitable. I found a fabulous and easy recipe on DietDoctor.com for some Chocolate and Peanut Squares and thought I had to share it with you!
It’s extremely easy to make, uses pretty much kitchen essentials and is also quite nice! I’ve got to say, next time I won’t be using salted peanuts just because we both thought it was rather salty for a sweet treat, but feel free to follow the original recipe if you fancy. I think next time we’ll use some almonds, maybe pistachios or coconut!
You can check the recipe out on DietDoctor here, or keep reading below 🙂
- 150 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids (I used 100g 70% and 50g 85%)
- 6 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1½ pinch of salt
- 100 ml peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- 100 ml chopped salted peanuts, for decoration
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave or in a double boiler- I used a microwave, but in intervals to ensure the mixture didn’t boil over.
- Set the melted chocolate aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the nuts in a blender and blend until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a small baking dish lined with parchment paper or foil (no bigger than 4 x 6 inches).
- Top with finely chopped peanuts or other toppings and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours, until fully set.
- When the slab is set, cut into small squares with a sharp knife. They melt rather quickly, so store in the refrigerator of freezer!