Every morning Jonas loves to have some granola to start off his day. Although there are tons of different brands to choose from in store, I always think that homemade granola is the best way to go. No unnecessary added sugars or preservatives + it’s less expensive and a fun thing to make! Every now and then I mix up the type of granola I make for him on a biweekly basis, so last week I made him some chocolate granola to enjoy with yogurt for breakfast. It seems to be going down as a treat and I hope you all try this out as well!
4 cups jumbo oats
1/3 cup raw cacao
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup raisins
- Mix all the dry ingredients apart from raisins in a large mixing bowl.
- On low heat, melt coconut oil and honey in a pot until fully melted.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and honey mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until all of the ingredients are evenly coated in the wet mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray and press into the tray using a spatula or spoon to ensure you have some clusters in your granola.
- Bake at 180-200 degrees C for 30 minutes and mix a few times during the baking process to make sure all the granola pieces are evenly baked and golden.
- Once the granola is done- take it out of the oven and let cool completely. Add in the raisins or any dried fruit of your choice. You can store it in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks and use as toppings for smoothie bowls, yogurt or even alone with milk as a healthy and delicious breakfast!