Hey everyone! Today I’m bringing you a new recipe- chewy chocolate brownies! I can’t believe I don’t have this recipe up on the blog yet as it is my go-to recipe for brownies that are delicious, oh-so chocolatey and something I know most people will like! This definitely isn’t a healthy recipe whatsoever, so if you do want something a bit more healthy, check out my applesauce brownies here!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 280g chocolate (I like to use 1/2 milk, 1/2 dark chocolate)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2-1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1) In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Otherwise- you can melt them in the microwave, but check every 20-30 seconds to prevent the chocolate from burning.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, salt and melted chocolate/butter mixture.
3) Mix everything until evenly incorporated and if you want- add any additional sweets or crunch (I always add dark chocolate chips or nuts)! Mix them in briefly.
4) Spread into a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees C. Once done, remove out of the oven and let them cool before serving! Enjoy!