These egg white muffins are super easy to make, are extremely delicious and healthy plus great to prep in advance for a few days! Having protein and healthy carbohydrates for breakfast is great to maintain energy levels and keep you going for the rest of the day, so make sure to have some healthy carbohydrates with these babies (some wholegrain toast or a small portion of porridge with berries is great!).
The egg whites are a great source of protein while the tomatoes give some Vitamin C which goes great with the Iron in the spinach! (Spinach is also high in Vitamins K, A and folate).
If you want a similar recipe that is a bit more filling and not as light, check out my egg muffin recipe, but this one is a bit more lean as it has almost no fat!
Recipe: makes 6 muffins
3 cups egg whites
12 cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup spinach
pinch of garlic pepper
pinch of salt
1 tbsp oil
- Grease the tins with bit of oil either by brushing it to the insides of the moulds or by using an oil spray.
- Cut up the tomatoes into halves or quarters and chop/tear the spinach into small pieces.
- Evenly distribute the spinach and tomatoes into the 6 moulds and add the egg whites to each mould (you want to fill them to almost full as they will not rise too much)
- Add seasoning of your choice- I added a tiny bit of salt and some garlic pepper. Just make sure you don’t overdo it with the salt to keep these muffins healthy!
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Once baked, remove out of the oven and let them cool before removing them from the pan. Once cooled- either enjoy immediately or put them into an air-tight contained and in the fridge for up to 3 days!