Hi guys! I hope you’re have a lovely start to your week and had a great weekend! Mine was super productive + very busy, so sorry for not updating you! But today I’m sharing a really fun and easy recipe with you all for a bite-size snack/dessert! These are some frozen bananas with peanut butter- covered in chocolate! I love them freezing cold since they taste like little pieces of ice-cream while still being semi-healthy! It’s actually been a while since I’ve made them, so might have to make them this week sometime as well! 🙂 Let me now if you guys try them out – the recipe is super easy, just needs some freezing time! 🙂
2 tbsp peanut or almond butter (natural preferably)
1 bar of dark chocolate (or milk you want)
- Slice the banana into discs of about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Take a little bit of the nut butter and spread it onto one piece of banana- top with a second disc to make a sandwich. *note- if you’ll be using natural nut butters they will be rather runny due to the natural oils in the nuts, so just make sure you work quickly, on a flat surface and try and scoop out the thick parts of the nut butter!*
- Once you’ve made as many little banana-peanut butter sandwiches you want- put them into a freezer for about 5-6 hours or even overnight (bananas take a while to fully freeze).
- When the bananas are frozen- melt some chocolate (either on a double boiler or in a microwave in 15 second increments to prevent burning).
- Once the chocolate has melted- take out your frozen banana sandwiches and dip each one into the chocolate to coat entirely. Place on a non-stick baking sheet or foil and freeze them for at least a few hours to make sure the chocolate has fully set.
- Then- keep in the freezer for up to a week, although I’m sure they’ll be gone a lot sooner than that! 🙂