These spiced biscuits are a nice treat in the evening with some tea before bedtime without having too much sugar in them! Jonas and I like to treat ourselves to tea & biscuits every now and then, so I wanted to make my own recipe for him to enjoy! They are super simple and very delicious- hope you try them out!
Recipe: makes around 16 biscuits
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup of ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey (or agave)
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl to make sure everything is well distributed.
2. Melt the coconut oil on low heat and pour in the honey- mix the two together until smooth.
3. Pour the honey and coconut oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a light crumb forms- then use your hands to knead the mixture and form biscuit dough.
4. Take a tablespoon amount of the dough and form a ball in your hands- then flatten it a bit into a cookie shape and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake the cookies at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies are nicely turning golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes before eating! Enjoy!