This pie is ultra simple and so delicious! Raimundas’ friends said it tastes like Christmas, so I guess this would be perfect as a treat in December! I have a traditional Lithuanian apple pie recipe which you can check out here, but this one is butter free and a bit different!I hope you enjoy!
Recipe: makes one very big pie (approx. 40cm X 30cm pan)
1 cup sugar
8 small or 6 large apples
2 cups of all purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Cut and dice the apples into small pieces- sit aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy- add the sugar and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Once the batter is well mixed- add the apples and mix them in evenly.
- Butter or grease a large baking tray and pour in the batter. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Bake at 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes or until light brown and a toothpick stuck into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes, cut and serve! enjoy alone or with some delicious vanilla ice-cream.