I decided to make a healthy cake this week for Jonas and I to enjoy and found some inspiration online to use a whole, boiled orange! I played around with the recipe and made this moist, not too-sweet and very hearty cake! It’s not very sweet since we use the entire orange and the skin in the cake recipe. Also since it’s a healthy cake and made with almond flour it’s a bit more thick than usual cakes, but I think that makes even more delicious! It’s extremely moist, very filling due to all of the fibre packed in this recipe and so easy to make. I hope you try this out and feel free to add more honey if you enjoy sweet cakes!
Recipe: one cake
2 large oranges
1/4 cup honey
200 grams almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Wash the oranges thoroughly and boil with skin on for 1 hour. Once they are done- remove and let them cool completely.
- Dice up oranges whole, with skin and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl- mix the orange mixture with 3 eggs and the honey.
- Add baking powder and almond flour- mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a cake tin greased well with butter or coconut oil and bake at 170 degrees C for 40-45 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- Once done, let the cake cool completely to remove from the tin and slice and serve