This super healthy and heartwarming dessert is perfect for those chilly spring evenings. It’s healthy, sweet and so satisfying! I even love it as a mid-day snack! This recipe is just for one apple but feel free to multiply the recipe to make tons! hope you enjoy:)
1 apple of your choice
1 tsp almond or peanut butter
5-6 raisins or dried cranberries
1/2 tsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
1/2 cup water
1. Wash the apple, cut off the top and take out the core using a de-corer or even your spoon to make a reservoir. Just don’t cut through the bottom of the apple to allow the filling to stay in nicely.
2. Put the nut butter into the middle of the apple and add some raisins or dried cranberries.
3. Pour the maple syrup and sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg. For a final touch- add some desiccated coconut on top.
4. Place the apple in a baking dish and pour the water to the dish to prevent the apple from burning and allowing it to cook and steam at the same time- this makes it nice and soft. Bake at 200 degrees C for 25-30 minutes.
5. Once the apple is golden brown and soft- carefully remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
6. Enjoy it alone or with some ice cream!