For cold spring days, this soup is perfect. Jonas and I have been eating this soup for the past couple of days and can’t get enough! It’s light yet filling and also- super healthy! I’m even making 2 huge pots for him to enjoy over the next few days as I write this!
So quick and easy, just put everything in the pot and enjoy! If you want a vegetarian option- leave out the chicken and it’s still incredible!
Recipe: Serves 4
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup largely chopped potatoes
1 cup largely chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup sweetcorn
5 cups water
2 vegetable stock cubes
- On medium heat- cook the onions with the olive oil in the pot you will be using for the soup until they are transparent and soft.
- Add in the potatoes and carrots and let them cook for a minute or two.
- Pour in 5 cups of water and add in the stock cubes- let the mixture reach boiling point.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add in the celery, chicken and sweetcorn and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy- careful it will be hot!