I don’t know about you, but I love ice cream! Who doesn’t?! But with trying to eat healthy sometimes I don’t allow myself to have it whenever I fancy, so I tend to make healthy ice-cream! The base is frozen bananas, which I’ve used in my smoothies and smoothie bowls before, but they can also be used to make delicious, quick and healthy ice-cream! The simplest would be just to make normal banana ice-cream, like I’ve done before (this would consist of just bananas and milk of your choice), or try different flavours. Today I’m sharing my favourite with you all- cocoa flavoured ice cream! All you need is 3-4 ingredients and a blender:) enjoy!
200 grams of frozen bananas
1 tbsp of raw cacao powder
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3-1/2 cup of milk of your choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and let them thaw for 3-5 minutes just to make the blending process easier.
- In a blender (I use a nutri ninja) or a food processor- combine all the ingredients and blend in pulses.
- If you feel like you need to add more milk – do some sparingly to prevent the ice-cream turning into a smoothie.
- Pulse continuously, mixing the ingredients with a spoon in-between to allow all the bananas to be properly blended.
- Once the ingredients are fully blended and the texture is creamy and resembles ice-cream: put the healthy ice-cream in a bowl and enjoy! If you want to, add toppings of your choice if you’re in the mood for a healthy sundae! (I’m sure I don’t need to teach you how to eat ice-cream!)