This recipe is so delicious, very filling and I love the taste the spices add to it! It was inspired by a vegan banana bread I found online, but I have changed the quantities and the sweetener used throughout the times I have baked it. It’s so delicious, vegan, sugar and gluten free and if you have several over-ripe bananas sitting around, now you’ll know what to do with them! Hope you enjoy!
Recipe: makes 1 loaf
3 Ripe Bananas
1 cup Ground Almonds
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/3 cup Sultanas
Pinch of Salt – I like to use pink Himalayan
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Mash up the bananas using a fork and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground almonds, brown rice flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sultanas and a pinch of salt.
3. On medium heat- melt the coconut oil in a pot until it is melted.
4. In another bowl – mix the mashed banana, vanilla, maple syrup and the melted coconut oil.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour the batter into a loaf tine and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees C or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Let the banana bread cool completely – then take it out of the tin, slice and enjoy!