These soft and chewy cookies are one of my favourites! I found a recipe for these a couple years ago and never remembered the original recipe so I kept on changing it and adding my own tweaks to make it the way I like it! It’s pretty much a health, vegan and gluten-free almond cookie with loads of spices and chocolate chips! Even Jonas, who isn’t a vegan loves these and I made an entire batch of these for him on Valentines day! 🙂 I hope you enjoy them!
Recipe: Makes 10-12 cookies
2 cups Ground Almonds
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
5 Squares of Dark Chocolate, chopped up
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 Ripe Banana
1 tbsp Almond or peanut butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1. Mash the ripe banana and set aside.
2. On low heat, melt the coconut oil, add the syrup, all the spices and salt. Keep on a low heat and stir until everything is nicely combined.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground almonds and baking powder.
4. Add the banana, chocolate and almond butter. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add the melted ingredients and stir it altogether until combined. The batter will be sticky and thick.
6. Take a tablespoon amount of the mixture and place onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper of foil. Press down with a fork to form a cookie.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 175 degrees C , or until the cookies turn lightly golden.
8. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool down before you enjoy them 🙂