These muffins are so delicious and perfect for fall but still more healthy than your usual recipe! I used healthy fats like coconut oil and a reduced amount of sugar due to the already sweet apples that really intensified the taste! I hope you try these out and enjoy them yourself!
Recipe: makes 9-10 standard muffins
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 and 1/3 cups chopped apples
1 tsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
- Chop the apples into small, bite size pieces – set aside.
- Combine the eggs, sugar and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. Then add in the yogurt and apples and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl – combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Line muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners and grease with a bit of coconut oil. Fill the liners with the batter until it’s 3/4 way full and bake at 180 degrees C for 20-25 minutes.
Let the muffins cool a bit and enjoy!