Summer is quickly approaching… for some of the students out there it has already started! Unfortunately my summer this year will only be several weeks long as I am working this entire year 🙂 Even though it means I won’t be able to sleep in and chill all day long, it means I can do what I love at work and need to plan all the exciting things I want to get done this summer in order to keep me busy and motivated to have an amazing summer 🙂
I have compiled a list of things I want to do before autumn arrives and thought I’d share them with you! Feel free to comment below and mention what you want to do this summer! I’ll be looking forward to you comments!
1. Travel somewhere new: whether thats a different country or just a town in the UK I haven’t been, I really want to spend more time exploring. Some local places on my list include Windsor castle, Brighton, Oxford & Paris. (I’ve visited the last 3 but that was ages ago.)
2. Get back into painting: I am quite artsy in my free time and I used to paint quite a bit, especially during the summers. I would really like to get some small canvases, paint and brushes and just see where my imagination takes me… that is something that is on my current to-do list!
3. T25: T25 is like a mini insanity workout that lasts 25 minutes and is full of plyometrics, cardio and body-weight exercises. It yields incredible results and it really pushed me to be better, stronger and kept me really energized. I’m going start it again from the beginner workouts when I’m back from my holiday at home 🙂
4. Have a picnic (or two…) : there’s something extremely summery and fun about laying in a park or field of grass with fresh meals and drinks and enjoying the nature that surrounds you. I have been planning a picnic to have with Jonas for quite a while now, just hoping to find a fun spot and a weekend during which both of us are quite free and don’t have any work or University deadlines to think about 🙂
5. Read a book a month: I get into phases of loving to read books but lately I just haven’t done so… Every time I finish a book I kick myself for not doing it more often! So this summer I am going to make myself read AT LEAST one book a month but hopefully this will increase to more than one 🙂 sometimes reading and getting away from reality is so fun and all you need to destress.
6. Try local, independent cafes: Instead of grabbing a quick coffee from Costa or Starbucks, I am going to tell myself to get a coffee from an independent small cafe shop whenever there is one around. Who knows… I may even end up finding a new favorite coffee spot!
7. Stay in touch: every year I find myself either saying goodbye or see you soon to people I love and enjoy to spend time with. Since I study in a different country than my family and most of my friends I always wish I had more time to talk to them. I’m making it a reality and going to try and talk to everyone I miss at least once a week 🙂
So this is my to do list for Summer 2015 and I will most definitely be updating you how it goes! Let me know in the comments what you have on your summer to do list! oh, and before I go…I have created a twitter account to talk to you guys! check it out and follow me if you would like : My twitter. I also have a widget on the sidebar of my blog 🙂
Speak to you soon!