If there is one thing that I find my self making very often, it’s granola! I tend to make it in huge batches. Some of it stays for me to put in my breakfast (as a topping on smoothie bowls, alone or on yogurt) but the rest of it is for my boyfriend. He loves it! I haven’t made some in a while… it’s been several weeks, but I hope to have a batch for him every weekend so that he has something to munch on and a go-to breakfast for his early mornings. Sometimes that isn’t the case though and he eats it in one sitting… 🙂 I guess that means he really likes it!
I have been using this ‘recipe’ (more like throwing everything in, mixing it and baking it all) for quite a while. There are many variations, and if I have one that I find extraordinary I will share it with you all. For the time being – this is my go-to granola recipe:)
2 & 1/2 cups of oats
1/4 cup linseed
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup cacao nibs
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 tbsp set honey
1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix all your dry ingredients (apart from the dried cranberries and cacao nibs) in a large bowl
2. On a low heat – melt coconut oil, honey & vanilla.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mix and coat all the oat & seed mixture thoroughly.
4. Evenly distribute the mixture on a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated over at 180 degrees C. Bake for 20 minutes, turning the pan halfway through and mixing the granola every 5-10 minutes to allow even baking and browning.
5. After 20 minutes – let the granola cool down a bit and add the cranberries and cacao nibs. (I find if I bake cranberries with this mixture they turn quite hard and I prefer them chewy)