Hello my wonderful readers! I’ve got a recipe post for you:)
Normally in the mornings I like to enjoy a smoothie – like my chocolate, banana & PB smoothie or an Acai bowl, but if I want something more filling, warming or I am at my boyfriend’s house- I like to make oatmeal as my go-to breakfast. Now, I have tried several recipes but I normally go back to some type of rendition of this seed & nut oatmeal. I tend to switch out the fruit I add, but this time I added some blueberries 🙂
This recipe is fast, easy to make and full of healthy fats from the seeds & nuts, full of fibre to keep your hunger at bay, extremely creamy and delicious!
Ingredients: makes 2 portions
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of almond or dairy milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- mush up the bananas with a fork
- pour the milk and water into a saucepan on medium-high heat and add the bananas and oats. Bring up to a simmer and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds, poppy seeds and brown sugar and cook for further 3 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Turn off heat and add a handful of broken up walnuts and 3/4 cup of blueberries. Stir in.
- Plate op oatmeal into 2 portions and top with left over blueberries and walnuts.